Sunday, December 12, 2010

Welcome to Jo's Vatican II Catholic Place

Hello,

My name is Jo Lauer and I am new to blogging. I decided to blog to share what I've learned over an incredible faith journey that started over 40 years ago when I became Catholic.

As a convert in the years immediately following Vatican II, I was filled with excitement and was challenged and encouraged by the teachings that flowed from this spirit filled council. Through the Charismatic Renewal, I was led into a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit, Jesus and the Father.

Now, I am struggling daily with disillusionment as I watch what seems to be to be the dismantling of Vatican II...an attempt to replace the emphasis on relationship with a Loving God with again just following the rules and letting the Church do the thinking.

I cannot accept this theology. God has called me into an intimate relationship with Him/Her. This Loving God has guided me through many crises in my life..the breakdown and restoration of my marriage; the cleansing of guilt and self -loathing, the challenges and pain of letting go of ego and admitting my helplessness...the sorrow and life changing experience of loosing my oldest daughter to a drug overdose almost 4 years ago. Dogma and church teaching did not come to my rescue during these times; a Living, Loving, Merciful, Healing, Compassionate God did.

I am deeply troubled by what appears to me to be a march back to pre-Vatican II days, and I invite you who share my feelings to join me here. I also invite those of you who do not share my feelings to join me here that we might hopefully learn from each other.

May this remainder of Advent draw all of us closer to our Loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment